Sometimes things in life just don’t go as planned and people need some help overcoming hurdles, disappointments, or simply need some good old-fashioned advice. This is why Health Coaching has become quite popular in recent years. The ability to listen to someone discuss their pressing issues, goals, fears, and so on is a valuable asset. If you have the desire to come alongside people and coach them to fulfill their dreams, you’re in for a very rewarding career.
Regardless of what career you have now, you can become a Health Coach. In fact, many Health Coaches have a variety of backgrounds. For example, if you have a background in marketing, you may cater to those in life that are entrepreneurs that have hit a slump in sales. Or if your background is mental health, your Health Coaching could help people get control of their emotions or thought life.
Becoming a Health Coach is not as difficult as you might think. In fact, it’s rather easy and it can be done in a short amount of time if you have the time to invest in training.
Here are 5 steps to become a Health Coach:
- Leave your comfort zone. When clients approach Health Coaches, many of them are afraid to face their own pain or obstacles, so if you cannot effectively face yours, you might not be able to help them as well. Be willing to leave your comfort zone and be stretched to pursue your ultimate goals, doing whatever it is you have to do in order for success. It might not always be easy, but it will be worth it.
- Start studying the Health Coaching niche. The Health Coaching niche has grown tremendously over the last decade and there is a plethora of information online and in print concerning such. Begin reading and getting familiar with the profession so that you can really get a feel for whether or not you would love to be a Health Coach or not.
- Research Health Coaching certification programs. If you want to become a Health Coach, your best bet is to go through a certification program so that you can have knowledgeable coaches right at your fingertips to get your Health Coaching business started. There is a lot to learn when it comes to helping others get past hurdles and achieve their goals, so take advantage of seasoned coaches who can walk you through the process and help you get your business set up.
- Decide on a Health Coaching program that suits your needs. If you’re more interested in niche coaching, like marketing or athletic coaching, look for coaching programs that target that niche as well. If you simply want to be a Health Coach that can generally help anyone, seek out a Health Coaching program for such. Be sure to consider the costs associated with the programs, as some that offer very low prices are really not worth the investment because the programs do not give you the tools and resources you need to make an adequate coaching income.
- Open up your Health Coaching business. Many coaches start out coaching part-time until they get a steady stream of clients coming in. Go ahead and open up your business and begin advertising all over. Social media marketing is a wonderful way to get the word out of your awesome coaching services. You can also list your services at online directories or ask friends to put a link to your services on their websites.
Health Coaching is a wonderfully rewarding career and if taken seriously, can earn you a six figure salary per year. Go ahead and take these steps toward becoming a Health Coach today.